Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Commissary

I'm in the Air Force and do my grocery shopping at the Commissary. Yesterday my wife said we needed to go grocery shopping. I offered my services so it wouldn't be all of us (me, the wife and five boys). It's pretty much an adventure whenever we all go out. My wife said sure I can do the shopping but I had to take our four year old with me. I agreed, got the list and headed out to the commissary with Cam.

Being a wednesday I figured it wouldn't be too busy during the day. Yeah, I was wrong. Where do all these people come from? It's not like McGuire is a big base. They must live around here, but why would you retire in NJ?!? NJ sucks and is expensive!!

For some reason the layout of the store is not logical to me. I had to hunt for items because I couldn't find them. Why wouldn't fruit snacks be with in the aisle marked snacks? Why wouldn't pizza sauce be near the spaghetti sauce? It makes sense to me that they would be near each other. Why wouldn't you put all the varieties of bubba burgers in the same area? Why are french bread pizza and pizza rolls kept in a different aisle than frozen pizzas? Who designs these stores?

So, I'm dealing with a bunch of retirees, a four year old who wants to touch everything and I can't find stuff. Needless to say I wasn't pleased! I hate grocery shopping. I was there for more than an hour. UGH!!


No comments:

Post a Comment